CCF Queensland is holding a one-day conference on Friday 18 March with the theme Building Queensland // Constructing our Future.
The venue is the Royal International Convention Centre at the Brisbane Showgrounds, with registration opening at 7.00 am and the conference itself running from 7.30 am to 3.15 pm, followed by drinks and networking. A trade display will run in conjunction with the conference.
The program will provide an outlook for the industry, with presentations on key upcoming projects and initiatives as well as preparations being made for the future. A number of speakers will touch on how infrastructure is adapting to technological change, diversity and innovation.
The speaker line-up includes:
- John Eales: The most successful captain in the history of Australian rugby
- Michael McQueen: Award-winning speaker, social researcher and best-selling author
- Jackie Trad MP, Deputy Premier, Minister for Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister for Trade and Investment
- Adrian Hart: Economist, BIS Shrapnel
- David Edwards: Projects Chief Executive, Special Projects Unit, Department of State Development
- Neil Scales: Director General, Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Scott Stewart: Divisional Manager, Brisbane Infrastructure, Brisbane City Council
- David Quinn: Chief Executive Officer, Building Queensland
- Stirling Hinchliffe MP: Minister for Transport and the Commonwealth Games, Leader of the House and Member for Sandgate
- Bob Seiffert: MC and former CCF VIC CEO
The cost is $300 for CCF QLD members ($400 for non-members) and includes meals. Registration closes on Friday 11 March and can be made at: http://www.ccfqld.com/event/ccf-qld-state-conference-2016/.