Following community consultation, and liaison with the Queensland Government and Redland City Council, TransLink has finalised the design of a new bus station at Redland Bay Marina, which provides an interchange with ferries.
Work is expected to commence shortly, and be completed by the end of the year.
The new Redland Bay Marina station will include:
- an upgraded bus station with capacity for three buses
- sheltered bus platforms, including a fully-enclosed, weather-proof waiting area
- a landscaped public plaza and terrace area
- a sheltered passenger pick-up and drop-off area, with additional loading bays
- new public toilets
- go card top-up facilities
- bicycle storage
- improved lighting and security cameras with 24-hour video recording
- bus layover bays and driver facilities on Banana Street
- two separate spaces available for retail activity.
An existing facility will be demolished, and temporary facilities will be in place during construction.