The Hunternet defence infrastructure summit is an opportunity for industry and supporting organisations to be aware of the various projects, opportunities and the process for involvement.
The summit will provide an opportunity to gain knowledge, introduction and network with organisation involved in Defence infrastructure.
Over the next few years, there will be an increase in spend for infrastructure work at military facilities around Australia.
Defence Estate &Infrastructure Group has a budget in excess of $3 billion, with an asset base with a gross replacement value in excess of $62 billion.
There is also other works that are funded from projects including the Joint Strike Fighter (New Air Combat Capabilities) infrastructure at Williamtown, Tindal and other base around Australia with over $2b to be spent over the next few years.
There will be others works required for future platforms for Land, Sea and Air major capital projects requiring installations and supporting facilities. Many of the Defence facilities through age require redevelopment, upgrade, replacement, disposal and remediation of sites.
The $90 registration cost for attending the summit on 8 December includes morning tea and lunch, with sessions as follows:
- Estate and Infrastructure Group – Marcus Jeffrey, Director Estate Upkeep Performance
- Defence Estate Maintenance Program – Aurecon, David Barnes, Managing Director, Infrastructure
- New Air Combat Capability, JSF Infrastructure – Coffey Partners, Jason McCosker, Project Manager / Contract Administrator
- Asphalt Design in Airport Pavements – Australian Asphalt Pavement Association (AAPA), Michael Caltabiano, CEO AAPA
- Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS), Contract – Brookfield GIS, Neil Connolly
- Hunter Defence Strategic Group – John Quaife (AVM, R’td)
- Explosives and their effects on structures – Defence Reserve Support Council, Dr Michael D. Netherton (Sqn LDR RAAF Reserve, DRSC)
- Infrastructure Equipment – Institute of Public Works Australia (IPWEA), Scott Leighton, Event Manager CIVENEX
- Closure – HunterNet Chairman, Michael Sharpe
Further information – Ian Dick (Ph: 02 4908 7304 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org)